Welcome to the seawayfishing forum. This forum will make it easier for more open discusssion. You can still add comments and reports to the reports and articles.
This is a new forum to enable easier discussion of all aspects of seaway fishing between members.
This forum uses your main site login.
Keep it civil, no flame wars or arguments etc
Only registered members can access the Seaway Fishing board to both read and write.
Fishing reports can be made here, or on the main site, its your choice. You can also write reports about other areas if you wish, but only on this board.
Questions not related to posts on the main site should be posted in here.
I’ve had to delete the first forums for some reason they were broken, hopefully this lot will be okay.
Second times a charm..
Maybe some sandies in the next couple of days?
We haven’t had a boat for 14 years so we are novices. We don’t know how long the water will be a mess but we are keen to get out for a fish so what is the general consensus in regard to the water settling down? We were thinking Saturday morning.
Which would be better after the storm, Jumpinpin or the Seaway?
i’m dropping some pots this arvo. went for a cruise around yesterday arvo but no bait on the sounder.
I’ll be interested to see how you go Bob62
hey bob what was the current water temp at?
Selling some of my gear
1. Daiwa Heartland XA2500 spooled with 150m 8lb sunline $150 – Very good condition
2. Shimano twin power 4000FB spooled with 150m 20lb sunline $200 – Very good condition
3. Shimano twin power 2500FB spooled with 150m 10lb fireline $100 – Fair condition
4. Shimano baitrunner 8000D spooled with 300m 30lb fins – $150 Very good condition
5. Shimano sustain 3000FE spooled with 150m 10lb sunline – $150 Very good condition
1. Daiwa Sol 7’0’’ type 2. 1piece. 2-8lb – $200 Very good condition
2. Shimano raider rod 6’8’’. 1piece. 3-5kg – $40 Fair condition
3. Shimano Steve Starling squidgy 7’0’’ snapper spin 2piece. 4-8kg – $40 Good condition
4. Shimano T-curve tournament 1.98m 2piece. 1-3kg – $100 Good condition
5. Samaki allure 7’0’’ 1piece. 8-12lb – $80 Good condition
6. Daiwa black label 6’9’’ 1piece. 2-4lb – $200 Very good condition
7. Wilson live fibre spin 6’6’’ 1piece. 10-15kg – $140 Good condition
Just message if your interested
The swell is still big in the seaway and will be up for a while yet, but the water should be cleaner if only a bit. Jumpinpin will be extremely dirty due to the large volume of floodwaters from the albert and logan rivers. Its a bit of an unknown at the moment, best thing is to fish baits on the bottom.
Once I get out there I’ll be prospecting around current lines and deep holes and keeping an eye on the sounder, the fish will be there somewhere.
Will all this run off tend to flush all the bait out to sea? Wanna chase something this weekend, just not sure what. Maybe jacks, does the sudden mass of fresh water tend to shut fish down?
I dropped the pots yesterday arv and can say the water was a fair bit cleaner than the day before. Obviously still heaps to go. The tide heights are back to normal on the Coomera. I tasted the water and it was quite salty. I didn’t get a water temp though. I’ll post one tomorrow when I check the pots. (They are very well hidden so i only check em every second day).
Craig your date at the top of the page is out by a day.
Ok the forum seems to be stable now and I have cleared up the board a bit. I still have numerous other issues to fix so bear with me guys. The site is still a work in progress. My boat is currently getting a new motor fitted but hopefully I should be able to get out on the water next week.