Overcast, Lumpy ENE Swell. Very rough and difficult to fish at the north wall. Could not fish past the line. Some suspended sand & weed
This was a trip to test out the new sounder rather than target any sort of fish, I spent some time fiddling and figured out that the auto sensitivity was way too high and the backlight has to be quite high otherwise its impossible to view the screen from an angle. Any water on the screen tends to make it impossible to view as well. The chartplotter is a little bit off as far as landmasses go but should be fine with marking waypoints. Full review later once I've had more of a chance to use it.
On to the fishing, moved up to the north wall and started off casting around some shallow diving minnows but it being the bottom of the tide with very dirty water I wasn't hopeful. It took a while before I got my first fish a small bigeye trevally. The swell was lumpy from the northeast making it quite uncomfortable to fish and the constant up down of the swells ended up making me feel a bit ordinary so I moved back into the seaway and checked out around wavebreak. Here I found a few bustups and soon had another couple of small bigeyes to the boat. They went quiet after that so I moved south and checked out some diving birds, here I found some small tailor and more small bigeyes busting up. Not alot of them but enough to have a bit of fun with. Chased them for an hour or so and landed 3 tailor and 3 more small bigeyes before giving it away. Considering the tide was the absolute worst it can be the results were pretty good. Still no sign of the big schools of frogmouth pilchards unfortunately.
You must be logged in to post a comment.